new year's resolutions.
I know New Year's resolutions are so overrated, and I usually forget what mine are around like February; but this year will be different because I have a blog which is like a pseudo accountability partner. New year, new me? Yes I have the usual hope of actually staying in shape, managing my time better, and save more money, but I have added some new things to the list to make 2014 a great year.
1. Travel More- As much as I love living in warm, sunny, smoggy yet beautiful southern California, I think I need to take some needed time away.
2. Get Better At Domestic Tasks- I can boil noodles, reheat food in the microwave, and bake chicken breast... and basically that is the extent of my cooking skills. Deep cleaning and organizing often get interrupted by bleach fume induced naps. I just want to get better at making my little house a clean and functional home.
3. Work Hard, Play Harder- I quickly learned, after college, that life does not give many free handouts, and if I want a bright future for myself, I have to work hard for it. So after stomaching the fact that I will not be a surprise heir to a royal throne, and my parents did not forget to mention a hefty trust fund in my name, I will have to work hard. But with such hard work, it's only right that I enjoy life. In summary, my 2014 goal is to be that person on Instagram who is always on the favorite page but no one knows who they are, but they look like they're having so much fun. Lofty goals, I know. You don't have to tell me.
4. Live More In the Moment- I am a spontaneous free spirit, and I don't want my 9-5 to stifle that. So here's to a year of spur-of-the moment road trips, late night fast food runs, and countless "ehh, why not?" moments.
5. Continue Being An Eternal Optimist- I know life is hard, people can be terrible, and things can go wrong, but I don't want to operate from that perspective. I like believing that life is beautiful, people are great, and the sky is the limit, so I am going to stick with that.
And with that, I am done.
Thanks for reading,