effective habits of extremely stylish people.
In my pursuit of effortlessly stylish living, I have picked up some insights that I thought would be helpful for anyone looking to take their style to the next level without stressing themselves out in the process.
1. Keep a clean closet - I won't say it's impossible to be stylish with a terrible looking closet, but I will say that it is a lot more stressful. Think of every morning when you have to get ready for work. If you're like me, the morning is terrible enough; add searching through an unorganized closet for what to wear and you will send my attitude plummeting. Spare yourself from bringing your attitude-y stank face to work, and clean up your closet.
2. Shop to complete a wardrobe, not an outfit - I think what makes someone truly stylish is the ability to consistently reinvent their wardrobe to always feel fresh and interesting. If you wearing the same thing, in the same way that you always wear it, you lose all the interest because we've seen it before. So when you go out to shop, rather than thinking of the one outfit those shoes you like go with, think about how it can be integrated in with multiple outfits.
3. Do what feels good - Sometimes you want to wear something because you like it, and that's the only criteria you need to justify wearing it. You might just need a pair of neon orange and teal Nikes, and you shouldn't let rules or conventional reasoning keep you from wearing them.
4. Give clothes away - Just because you love it right now, doesn't mean you'll love it next year. I say if you haven't worn it in a year, let it go. Your closet should operate cyclically, meaning as things come in, transition some items out. Also hoarding is embarrassing, and keeping clothes that you don't like but can't part with seems like mild hoarding to me. Just saying.
5. Don't underestimate the details - I would say that accessories for men are too often overlooked. A good belt, or bracelet, or hat can make the most basic outfit interesting. For me, when I run out of clothes that I want, I tend to focus heavily on building up my accessory collection.
And with that,